And I provide Counselling & Psychotherapy for Individuals in Greater Manchester.
Together, we'll explore how to get to a place where you are comfortable in expressing who you truly are.
If you feel Disconnected, Empty or Unfulfilled, I hear you and you are not alone.
Perhaps you are feeling overwhelmed right now with all that's going on. You may be feeling:
• Unsure of how to get the love you deserve.
• Fearing that there is something secretly wrong with you.
• Priding yourself on not relying on others.
• Sadness that you think you have not met your full potential in life.
• Confusion about the direction you want to take in life.
If difficulty knowing, managing or expressing your feelings is affecting your ability to live your life, then maybe it's time to get therapy. It's always possible to start living more fully.
Like many of you, I learnt to keep my feelings deeply hidden, developing a lifelong pattern of never showing vulnerability, and trusting very few. I was incredibly self-sufficient, fiercely independent and often coped with difficulties alone. I presented a strong and capable front, which invited others to think that I was okay and without needs. Attending therapy was my first step in asking others for help and a vital resource for learning how to express my feelings, wants and desires in a real and transparent way. I know just how hard life can be when you are faced with these challenges. I also know that growth and change is possible, given the right space to learn.
There are many benefits to counselling and psychotherapy.
It can help you:
• To embrace and express feelings, instead of burying, avoiding or numbing them.
• To be open with loved ones, without fearing negative consequences.
• To gain confidence in speaking up for yourself, and engaging fully in conversation.
• To feel a real sense of belonging.
• To have the to confidence to say no, or to ask for what you want.
These are a few of the ways counselling & psychotherapy can help.